At Thames British School Madrid, we aim to fully involve ourselves within both the local and international community. Therefore, we would like to invite our families to celebrate several days with us.
Due to the success of last year’s family days, this year we propose to celebrate:
- Halloween: children come dressed up, Family party with interesting activities in the garden – October 29, 2019
- Advent and Christmas: this activity takes place during the month of December, the school is decorated, our daily activities reflect the atmosphere of Advent, an ‘art and crafts morning is celebrated with parents – December 17 and 19, 2019
- Carnival: this day children dress up in what they like most.
- San Isidro: Patron of Madrid, children are taught the importance of celebrating local traditions. They come dressed as chulapas and chulapos.
- Book day: Some parents come to tell a dramatized story.
- Fudge week- Fathers, uncles, dads, grandads’ week- March 2020
- Mother’s week, grandmothers, aunts, caregivers (nannies) – April 2020
- Picnic in the Patio- water games – end of June
- Graduation for 2-3 years/ 5-6 year olds’ – end of June